SPS Electronic Surge Tester ST 1800B
The absolute MUST for your windings
The surge voltage test is the only possibility to detect winding short circuits and insulation faults within a winding even before the fault affects the electrical specifications of the DUT. There is no other test method which detects whether the DUT has a pre-existing defect and a failure is the result. By the rapid connection of a charged capacitor to the coil under test the stored energy of the capacitor discharges into the inductor. This results in a sinus-like, damped oscillation. The frequency and the amplitude are typical for the DUT.
The surge tester ST 1800B has a memory for 360 DUTs. The device can be operated via an RS 232 interface in?connection with a PC. Thus an application within automatic?test systems and production lines is possible. The device?has an unbeatable price / performance ratio.
- With a programmable test voltage of 200 VDC ? 500 VDC a surge?voltage pulse is generated which does not damage the DUT due to?its low power
- Partial discharges (corona) are shown very clearly by the high?sampling rate of 100 MHz. Thereby the quality of the insulation can?be determined qualitatively
- The ST 1800B allows the testing of inductances of from about?10 ?H
- All coils having a greater inductance can be tested with this device
- Automatic evaluation of
- error surface,
- differenzial error surface,
- corona quantity comparison,
- corona frequency comparison
- The ST 1800B evaluates on the basis of the established criteria and?shows the user a PASS / FAIL result. Thus the application of the?device is also possible in production areas with trained test?personnel